I have a lot of good reasons:
1. I got myself a companion. Nicest guy ever. Came with the nicest dog ever (ok, second-nicest dog — my Golden Lily is the nicest dog ever). So I have had to make some behavior changes. Like try to be nice back. Mostly. Not trying so much in the morning. Also, try not to spend so much time on the computer writing while we are together. Mostly. I give myself points for conversing with him at the same time I am spending so much time on the computer writing.
2. My companion bought a new TV and DISH and put them in my living room. I haven’t had TV for years. Enough said.
3. I got myself yet another job. Way good money. Way too much work and stress and too little job-well-done. This yet another job is going to be replaced by yet another job as soon as I can manage it. I am just happy I saved my “Just Shoot Me” Post-It note I used to stick on my forehead when I was having a bad day at my last yet another job.
4. I have been making friends with a new horse, who I believe has a tax-refund-friendly price tag.
5. I did my taxes as soon as the W-2s and other tax stuff landed on my planet. See #4.
6. I got two new baby kittens around Thanksgiving. Kittens are way too entertaining.
7. I started a creative writing class (mystery fiction) so I can maybe learn how to write like a real writer. Reader Team, go here. This will be the writing focus for a bit, but there will be blog. I have missed it.